When we come together on Sunday mornings, our focus is worship. That means singing, praying and listening, all with God at the centre of things. Parts of the Bible will be read, explained and applied. An offering is also collected, but our guests should not feel at all obligated to participate. There is no “dress code” – casual attire is perfectly acceptable.
There is a time in worship especially for the kids, and separate programs are offered for the kids and for the youth in the second part of the service. See our Kids’ and Youth pages (under Ministries/ Discipleship) for more info.
When we come together, our second focus is each other. Church is community. You should therefore expect a warm welcome from our greeters. Feel free to introduce yourself as a visitor and ask questions. This will help us help you as our guest. After worship, refreshments are usually served in our gym, with a chance to share fellowship and get to know each other better!
We have plenty of parking.
Other programs -- opportunities to learn, to visit, to serve, to pray – are available throughout the week.
Join us any Sunday morning to find out more.
Currently our congregation is worshipping at 10:00 am each Sunday.
St. Andrew’s is a community that loves to praise God in music! We have a wide variety of musical talent in our congregation. Some Sundays our worship is led by our Choir and others by our Praise Team. We also have handbell choirs that perform at special services and events throughout the year.
What we believe.
St. Andrew’s is a Christian community…
- We believe that there is a personal God who is “the maker of heaven and earth”.
- We believe that this God is involved in the life of this world, and that He intervened in an unprecedented way in the person of Jesus.
- We believe that Jesus’ life shows us life as it was meant to be. His death reveals both how far people will go to shut God out, and how far God will go to keep the door open. Jesus’ resurrection both proves his claims and promises that God always has the final word, even over death. We acknowledge Jesus as Saviour and Lord.
- We believe that God is involved in our lives through the Holy Spirit – God’s dynamic presence in the world -- changing us and equipping us to serve.
- We believe God speaks to us uniquely through the Bible – In it, we encounter God's heart and God's will for our lives. It shapes all we are and do in response to what Jesus has done for us.
- We believe in relationship with God, a relationship that is sustained and strengthened through worship and fellowship, the Bible and prayer. We believe that we aren’t in this alone, but rather that we are part of a community that God is growing.
If you’d like to dig deeper into some of the specifics of what we believe as a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in Canada, we invite you to look at our “subordinate standards” (subordinate to the Bible): Living Faith, The Westminster Confession of Faith, and the Declaration of Faith Concerning Church and Nation. (Click here for a Link to the Presbyterian Church in Canada Web Site )
We would be happy to answer any questions you might have…just send us at quick email (Visit our Contact Page) and our church administrator or one of our pastors will get back to you.