Under a mandate from St. Andrew's Church Session, this Committee endeavours to involve the whole congregation in mission:
- Through Presbyterian World Service & Development, the congregation contributes to world hunger and disaster relief.
- Through the Presbyterian Mission, Evangel Hall, we assist those in need in Toronto
- Through the Teeswater and Leaskdale Presbyterian Cropshare projects, St. Andrews has supported the Canadian Foodgrains Bank By contributing to cropshare programs donations are multiplied significantly by the Federal Government.
- St. Andrew’s members regularly contribute food items for the Food Bank in our neighbouring Presbyterian Church – St. David’s.
- Through the Pikangikum Working Group, St. Andrew’s assists the Pikangikum First Nations Reservation, particularly with funds for water infrastructure (indoor plumbing for bathrooms and kitchens)
The congregation is to be commended for its tremendous support of the initiatives of the Mission & Outreach Committee
New committee members from the congregation are always welcome.
For several years the congregation organized a BBQ for the immediate church district as an important outreach to the community.
The congregation is encouraged to participate in the Canada Day Parade.
Members of the congregation have helped a neighbourhood shelter for mothers and children.
This group is an extension of the Christmas Bazaar. We meet in the church hall every Thursday morning from 10 am-12 from May to the end of June and again in September to November. Members bring their crafts and ideas for the bazaar. A fun group and anyone joining us can expect a warm and friendly welcome.